Welcome to Stella Maris Parish Faith Formation
Our goal is to provide faith formation for all members of our parish. All are Welcome!
Any questions or concerns please contact Linda Cummer, Faith Formation Coordinator, 920-421-2195.
Youth Faith Formation
We invite all Stella Maris parents to enroll their children in our Youth Faith Formation program. Registration packets are sent to parents in September. If you did not receive a registration form and would like to register your child/children, please contact the Faith Formation Coordinator (phone noted above) or the Egg Harbor office at 920-868-3241. All are welcomed!
2018-2019 Events: Classes begin Wednesday, October 3, 2018 and run through May 8, 2019. Classes for grades 1-8 meet at 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm and High School students meet at 6:15 - 7:45 pm. Students in grades 1-8 are bussed directly after school from Sevastopol and Gibraltar Schools to our Baileys Harbor site; parents pick their children up at 5:30 pm in Baileys Harbor. High School students arrange their own transportation.
Second Grade Class First Reconciliation Service will be held on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:40 pm in Baileys Harbor. On Saturday, April 27, 2019, is the First Holy Communion retreat beginning at 8:30 am to Noon at our Sister Bay site. May 5th is First Holy Communion Mass at 10 am at our Sister Bay site.
If the Holy Spirit is moving you to join the Youth Faith Formation team as a catechist, a catechist substitute, a catechist aide, or perhaps you would be willing to read a story to a class or help in any way, we would welcome you with open arms! If interested or you have questions about our program, please call or email Linda Cummer, Faith Formation Coordinator at 920-421-2195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Faith Formation
- Weekly Scripture Study on the upcoming Sunday Gospel: all adult parishioners are welcome to attend this study after the 8 a.m. mass on Tuesday at the Sister Bay site.
- Meeting Christ in Prayer: This is an eight-week session based on Jesuit spirituality and different ways of praying and reflecting on scripture. If interested and for more information, please call Sharon Brabson at (920) 868-2404.
- Menís Bible Study Group: This group meets at 9 a.m. the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at the Sister Bay site. Please join us! For further details contact Mark Kunstman at 495-5856 or Kathy.markdc@live.
- Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP): This is a two day retreat for all women of the parish put on by women in the parish. It is a wonderful time to hear otherís faith journeys and reflect on your relationship with the Lord. It will be a faith filled and joyous two days you will take with you for years to come. For more information, please call Sharon Brabson at (920) 868-2404.
- Faith Formation Book Club: Join us the second Monday of the month at 10 AM at our Sister Bay site to join or just listen to a lively discussion on some very powerful books. To see a listing and summary of past books click on the "NEWS" tab on this website.
RCIA Program for Adults
The RCIA is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. This is a process by which people become members of the Roman Catholic Church. If you are interested in our faith and would like to know more about it, please contact Becky Nash, Pastoral Associate at the church office, 868-3241.
Just a reminder that you may wish to check out the Catholic Links tab on this website. There are many valuable resources for your faith formation journey.
|Stella Maris Roman Catholic Parish
Baileys Harbor, Egg Harbor,Fish Creek,
Jacksonport, Sister Bay, and Washington Island
Door County, Wisconsin
Copyright© 2008 The Stella Maris Parish
Web site design and maintenance by
Negative Space Studio
|For printable page click here .