Blessings to You
Welcome to the Stella Maris Parish website serving the Catholic community of Northern Door County! We are so happy that you have decided to check out our parish this way.
I hope you are able to find everything that you need here. If you can not find something that you want, please reach out to me or anyone else on the staff for further assistance. We are here for you to offer worship opportunities, faith formation, pastoral care, spiritual development and a caring community in Northern Door County within the Catholic tradition. Let us help you to deepen your experience of life and add more meaning and purpose as you search for what makes your life all that it can be with God.
In Christ’s love,
Fr. Thomas Farrell, Pastor
REINSTATEMENT OF THE OBLIGATION TO ATTEND SUNDAY MASS The Dispensation of the Obligation to attend Mass will be lifted on August 15 in the Diocese of Green Bay. In a letter to priests and pastoral leaders, Bishop David Ricken wrote, "As the number of cases associated with the COVID-19 virus continue to diminish in the 16 counties of the diocese, after much discernment and consultation, I have decided to reinstate the obligation to attend Sunday Mass effective on August 15, the Solemnity of the Assumption of Our Lady into heaven."
PARISH ANNUAL MEETING
Please join us on Thursday, September 30 at our Sister Bay site at 5:00 PM. We have much to share. A copy of the Annual Report is can be found if you click HERE. Please join us for the food and news stories as well as the challenges from this past year. (The Annual Meeting is also available on ZOOM. Click HERE then use meeting ID: 828 3503 9317 and use passcode: 109879.)
COVID GUIDELINES AS OF 8.15.21
1. Masks are highly encouraged. Staff has been asked to wear ours as examples.
2. There is a section for distanced seating at all churches and this should remain available to people. Front right half (if facing the altar) in Baileys Harbor and Egg Harbor, outside for Jacksonport, the right wing (opposite the social hall) in Sister Bay, and the north wing at Fish Creek. Please do not seat people in all places in these areas as they need to remain distanced.
3. Communion distributors: After you receive Communion, please put your mask on and then sanitize your hands before distributing. Masks are required to distribute Communion.
4. No one is bringing up gifts at this time.
5. If a lector or a cantor choose to wear a mask, they are able to remove it while singing or reading if they prefer.
6. Hand sanitizer should still be made available at the entrances.
7. While the obligation to attend Mass has been reinstated, the obligation does not apply to those who are frail due to illness or age.
WALK FOR THE POOR - Join with our parish as we walk with our local conference of St. Vincent de Paul to raise funds to help those who are in need right here in Door County. Registration is at 8:30 AM and the walk begins at 9:00 AM. We will be walking a track in the parking lot at our Sister Bay site. See your friends in a safe outdoor venue as we walk for the poor.
WEEKEND MASS ON WASHINGTON ISLAND - Mass will be offered on Sundays at 1:00 p.m. at the Trueblood Performing Arts Center (TPAC), 870 Main Road. Please contact Larry or Diane Kahlscheuer at (920)847-2289 or 920-535-0551 with questions or for more information.
NOT QUITE READY TO RETURN TO MASS? - If you are unable to attend Mass in person, here are some other options:
- Locally, Sunday Mass on Television can be viewed on ABC affiliate WBAY at 5:30 a.m. or on CW14 at 8 a.m. Bishop Ricken also offers Mass on Channel 5 on Sundays at 7:30 am.
- Radio Mass is available on Relevant Radio, 1050 AM at 9 a.m.
- On your computer through the internet, daily Ma:30ss is live streamed by Relevant Radio Monday-Friday at 12:00 pm CT. To join Click Here
- Also available on your computer, is a full list of daily events with direct links to Masses, rosary and daily reflections compiled by The Compass - The Official Newspaper of the Green Bay Diocese. Click Here to view scheduled events.
RECONCILIATION STILL AVAILABLE - Contact Fr. Tom to set up a time for reconciliation!
Would you like to have all this information right on your mobile device?
We now have our new Parish App available for you to download.
From your mobile device either - click the image below
or send ParishApp1 as a text message to phone number 555888; to get the app and then Install
or send ParishApp2 as a text message to phone number 555888; to get the app and then Install
PARISH EVENTS CALENDAR
The following options are available to make financial giving easier on you, the parish, and the environment, by going green through electronic means.
The first option is electronic giving through the WeShare online giving platform. For that, simply watch the short video to the right and then click on the "Donate Online" icon below to get started.
The second option is authorize an automatic monthly withdrawal from your checking account. If this is your preference, please click here, complete the form and return to the parish office.
The third option is to add Stella Maris Parish to you own online bill paying through your bank account.
Staff (click on name to contact)
Director of Music and Worship
Secretary, Receptionist and Bulletin Editor
Faith Formation Coordinator
Worship and Administrative Coordinator for Washington Island
Monday - Friday
8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
12:30p.m. - 4:30p.m.
Egg Harbor Office